Here is a recipe derived from reading multiple recipes for cucumber and tomato salad.
Growing up we called a similar concoction "summer salad" which I loved and ate often during the summer when the garden flourished. Based on the recipes I reviewed, I called this cucumber and tomato salad "summer salad revisited" because it embellishes the vegetable dish I loved to eat as a child and youth.
Dale loved this one better than the original!
Summer Salad Revisited
5 pickling cucumbers, peeled and sliced
2-3 tomatoes, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp. salt (I would reduce even more. It was a little on the salty side.)
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes and garlic in a bowl. In a separate dish, combine the salt, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Stir the salt, vinegar and oil dressing into the vegetables and garlic. Chill (if desired) and serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment