We made these yesterday and they were some of the best muffins we have tried. I love this recipe. I love orange zest in baked goods but if you don't you may not like them.
I always think of Janae when I make something with raspberries. So this one is for you Janae!
I used 1 1/4 cups frozen raspberries instead of fresh because I had them on hand. They worked really well. I set the timer for 16 minutes because my oven tends to run hot and still took them out 2 minutes early.
The original link for this recipe is here.
Cinnamon-Kissed Raspberry Muffins
YIELD: 18 servings (serving size: 1 muffin)- COURSE: Breads
Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk, oil, vanilla, yogurt, and egg; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moist.
- Toss raspberries with 1 tablespoon flour; gently fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, filling three-fourths full. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over muffins. Bake muffins at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately; place on wire rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment