Sunday, November 15, 2009

Califlower Soup

We had dinner and FHE at a friend's house last month and she made this soup. Everyone loved it and it is one of their family's favorite soups.

I would probably try it with another kind of cheese because I am not a Velveeta cheese fan but I would definitely make it on my own.

Cauliflower Soup

4 cups caulifower
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
2 cups water
1 pound fully cooked sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 cups milk
8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed


In a saucepan, cook cauliflower and carrots in water until tender; set aside (do not drain). In a skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage and onion; drain. Add flour, salt and pepper.
Gradually add the milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower, carrots and cooking liquid; heat through. Stir in the cheese until melted.

Makes 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment