Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Rolls

We had these this morning and they were really good. It gave us a great opportunity to focus on the meaning of Easter.

I don't know where the recipe originated from. I have seen it around. But here is where I found it. I scoured this blog several times this week and came up with some great ideas!



RESURRECTION ROLLS
(Each ingredient represents something used to prepare Christ's body for burial.)

-Large marshmallows
-Melted butter (less than 1/2 stick)
-A mixture of cinnamon/sugar (yum!)
-A can of refrigerated crescent rolls (makes 8)

First open the can of crescent rolls and separate into triangles. (represents linen)
Dip and roll one marshmallow (representing Christ's body) into melted butter. (oil represents oil used to anoint Christ's body)
Then roll the marshmallow in the cinnamon/sugar mixture (represents spices used to anoint Christ's body).

Place the marshmallow in the center of one crescent triangle.

Fold the crescent around the marshmallow and pinch the edges tightly together, leaving no openings.

Place the crescent-wrapped marshmallows on a slightly-greased cookie sheet.
Place the tray in the oven (which represents the tomb) and bake according to the package directions.

Close the oven door tightly and wait. As the rolls cook, the marshmallow disappears.

Take the rolls out as directed.


No comments:

Post a Comment