Dinner Rolls From Cindy
VERY GOOD
1 Cup warm water
1/3 Cup sugar
2 Tbl. yeast (I use fleishmanns instant yeast I get at sams club)
Combine these 3 in large bowl (I use my kitchenaide), stir well to help yeast activate.
While yeast is activating:
1 Cup milk--warmed in microwave on high for 2 minutes
1/3 Cup shortening--butter flavored is what I use
2 ½ tsp. salt
2 eggs
Melt shortening in the hot milk and add salt and eggs. Stir well so eggs are mixed.
Add to the yeast mixture:
6 Cups bread flour (I also get this in a 25 pound bag at sams club)
Add the milk mixture to yeast and flour. Knead for 10 minutes. (I use my kitchenaide on number 2 setting which is a slow knead.)
Oil the inside of a large bowl, and put the dough in here to rise covered with a cloth. I let it rise until at least double in size. Punch down and shape into whatever--rolls, crescent rolls, cinnamon rolls. I use this dough for everything. Let rise and then bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
**This is a very soft and workable dough, that is why I love it for everything. If you are going to roll the dough out, sprinkle the counter top liberally with flour and roll the dough through it to coat the surface of the dough. You don't want to knead it into the dough--just have the outside of it coated with flour. It rolls out easily with little pressure so the flour stays on the outside surface and doesn't get mixed into the dough.
No comments:
Post a Comment