Friday, November 19, 2010

Parcell's Quick Rolls- very light

PARCELL’S QUICK ROLLS

Put ¾ cup hot water in a large bowl. Add 3 Tablespoons yeast.

Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar over this. Let this stand while you: (Don’t disturb)

Heat 2 cups milk and melt 1 Cup (one stick-Crisco) of shortening in hot milk.. Once shortening starts breaking up, turn off stovetop burner.

Blend 4 eggs and add 1 cup sugar and blend very good, add milk mixture when luke warm.

Add 5 cups flour and 1 tablespoon of salt to yeast mixture, and then add milk and egg mixture to yeast and flour. Mix well and let rise. I will let it Rise twice before I add enough flour to form dough to roll out. Let raise after rolls are in pans until light and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.

(If I use my bosch mixer, I mix two extra cups of flour in and mix for about 10-15 min. Then I don’t add anymore flour)

Orange rolls, or cinnamon rolls: add 1 ½ cups sugar to egg mixture: This will give you a sweet dough.

Polly B.

No comments:

Post a Comment