Sunday, October 18, 2009

Roasted Potatoes With Garlic

I have been making this recipe for years. It is a very easy side dish.




















Roasted Potatoes with Garlic

Adapted from: Controlling Your Fat Tooth

Makes 8 Servings

1 pound tiny red potatoes, halved (I used russet potatoes here.)
1 head garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (I always use garlic pepper or some other type of blend.)

In a 9 x 13 x 2-inch ovenproof casserole dish, arrange potatoes in a single layer. Tuck garlic cloves among potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.

Bake at 350 degrees F. 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and garlic is soft.

Squeeze garlic from peels onto potatoes. Toss potatoes with pan drippings.


Approximate Nutritional Content per Serving:

Total Calories 92 (25% of calories from fat)
Fat 3 g
Carbohydrates 16 g
Protein 1 g
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 139 mg
Dietary Fiber 1 g



Note: When I want to keep things simple (and prevent really bad breath), I omit the head of garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment