Sunday, October 18, 2009

Spinach Salad w/Sesame Dressing

This dressing was adapted from this recipe on Food Network. I wanted a dressing to go with a Spinach Salad as a side to Ham Fried Rice and this was the winner. This dressing has a kick (note the chili-garlic sauce amount) but Dale could not get enough of this salad. We will definitely be making this salad again.

Sesame Dressing

  • 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
  • 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon minced ginger
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or chili sauce
In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, canola oil, sesame oil, brown sugar and chili sauce. (I actually blended all of these ingredients together.)

I tossed a little of this dressing with spinach, mandarin oranges, thinly sliced purple onions and toasted almonds. If I had them, I would have tossed in some thinly sliced red peppers too. The dressing is very thin when blended so a little went a long way unless you like your salad swimming in dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment