Monday, August 31, 2009

Cake Mix Cookies















Several years ago, I tasted cake mix cookies for the first time. If memory serves me correctly, I was with Shannon because we were both intrigued by and converted in that moment to the idea of strawberry cookies. Shannon was motivated enough to get the recipe and make them several times over. They floated in and out of memory for me until I whipped up a batch to help Shannon this past June. That is when I was introduced to lemon cookies and...YUM...they are good.


We wanted to deliver some cookies last night but I only had about 45 minutes in between meetings to make them and I desperately need to visit a grocery store. Then it dawned on me, "What about all of those cake mixes in the pantry."

So here is the recipe. It's an easy recipe to remember, but for those that don't know me, I had to be sure. Finally I found what I was looking for at Taste and Tell. Here is the link to the recipe Deborah was kind enough to post online. I made the strawberry cookies, but will definitely be making lemon soon.



Cake Mix Cookies
adapted from this recipe

Strawberry
1 strawberry cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used melted butter.)
1/2 cup coconut

Mix eggs and vegetable oil until well combined. Stir in cake mix and coconut; drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. Cook for 8-10 minutes at 350 F.

Chocolate
1 chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Mix eggs and vegetable oil until well combined. Stir in cake mix and chocolate chips; drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. Cook for 8-10 minutes at 350 F.

Note: I was not as impressed with the chocolate cookies. Our favorites were the strawberry and lemon cookies. With so much butter in these cookies, there is no need to grease the cookie sheets. Here is the Lemon Cookie recipe:

Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
1 lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract

Mix eggs and melted butter until well combined. Stir in cake mix and lemon extract; drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. Cook for 8-10 minutes at 350 F. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Here is a picture of what my cookies looked like.



No comments:

Post a Comment