Sooo this is a recipe I got from a good friend of mine (Lili). You all know I'm not the domestic housewives you all are so the fact that I can make it says a lot....... and it sooooo good.
It's really simple - no need for kneading even! I just do it all in one bowl, let it rise in the same bowl and then made them into two larger loaves. You could also divide it into four if you wanted four smaller loaves - whatever! You'd just cook them a little less time.
I've also put in some herbs (like if I'm doing italian) like rosemary, basil, etc. It's really delicious to dip into vinegar and oil!
Peasant Bread recipe
2 cups of warm water
1 tbsp of yeast (or one package)
1 tbsp of sugar3
4 cups of flour
2 tsp salt
Mix the water, yeast and sugar together in a bowl. Let sit for two minutes. Add flour and salt to the water mixture and mix together all in the same bowl. ( I start with three cups of flour and then add as much as needed after that until it isn't sticky.) Once all mixed together, cover with a towel and let it rise until doubled in size (about an hour.)
Prep a baking sheet by spraying it with nonstick spray and sprinkling it with cornmeal. Divide the dough in half, form into two equal size balls and put side by side on a cookie sheet. Cover and let rise again for about an hour.
Right before baking, melt some butter (I use salted, because I like the saltiness of it!) and brush the tops of the loaves right before putting them in the oven.
Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes and then reduce oven temp to 375 degrees and bake for another 15-18 minutes (depending on how big your loaves are!)
SOOO delicious! I like to cut them in wedges, but slices work just as great!
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment