Friday, August 21, 2009

Frosted Banana Bars

I wanted to take something to a friend who has been very generous to us this week. After reading through several blogs and finding this recipe, David and I decided on these frosted banana bars for our offering. I made it in 2 separate pans so I had one to give away and one to keep David and Dale happy.

The bars are so yummy and very easy to make but I should note for all of my healthy friends out there -- these won't be labeled low-fat anytime soon. However, you may want to try the recipe for Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting shown in the sidebar which will certainly have less fat per serving.

I will forewarn you that the frosting recipe makes A LOT of frosting but since I divided the bars into 2 pans I don't know whether you need all of the frosting for just 1.

Enjoy!


Direct link to the recipe is here. I really like the way Kristen at Dine and Dish has organized her blog. I'm excited to try more of her recipes.

Frosted Banana Bars

40 min | 15 min prep

3 dozen

Frosting

  1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
  2. Beat in eggs, bananas, and vanilla.
  3. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
  4. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
  5. Pour into a greased 15×10x1 pan.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
  7. For frosting cream butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
  8. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla.
  9. Beat well.
  10. Spread over bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment