Emily gave me this recipe. I have used this a few times when taking a meal to someone because it can easily be frozen and eaten later.
Chicken Enchiladas (white)
3-4 cups cooked, diced chicken
Two 10-ounce cans cream of chicken soup (I use the low sodium/low fat)
3 cups sour cream (I use low-fat)
One 4-ounce can mild, chopped green chili
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3-5 tablespoons chopped green onion
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar & jack cheese (low-fat varieties available)
10-12 flour tortillas (I use wheat)
small can sliced black olives
1. Mix together soup, sour cream, chilis, cumin, green onions.
2. Set aside about 1/3 of the soup mixture (sauce). In remaining 2/3, mix in 2 cups of cheese & the chicken.
3. Cover bottom of a sprayed 9 x 13 baking pan with enough of the set aside sauce to just cover the bottom of the pan.
4. Put about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture in tortilla & roll tight like an enchilada.
5. When all enchiladas are rolled, spread the rest of the set aside sauce over the top.
6. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
7. Cover with tin foil & bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with sliced olives.
(Personal note: I usually make a large pan and small pan with this recipe and freeze one for another meal.)
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment